Friday, April 8, 2011

"LOOK/FEEL GOOD" TIP OF THE DAY - WET VS. DRY


Think more means more? Think again. Sometimes, less is more, and the same goes for maintaining healthy, clean, moist locks. Washing, straightening, colouring, or applying product to your hair daily (or regularly) can havoc more damage than good. Detergents, chemicals, and heat can dry and frizz out hair if manipulated frequently, thereby forging breakage, tangles, and split ends. Some celebs and hairdressers may recommend you only wash your hair once a week; however, their advice may deliver unsanitary results for those who exercise or engage in some form of "dirty" activity consistently. If you work out 3-4 times a week though, cleansing hair on gym days (or every other day) is probably okay. As for flat ironing your hair? Coming from someone who owns a parade of thick, long, wavy strands, I personally only straighten my hair for special occasions, photo ops, job interviews, etc. (or when my lion's mane is super poufy, and it must be tamed). I hardly ever use mousse or hair gel, and I've stopped dying my hair completely.     

No comments:

Post a Comment