Friday, August 6, 2010

DON'T FIX SOMETHIN' THAT AIN'T BROKE, ROLLING STONE


Check out this obviously tweaked photo of Katy Perry on the cover of the legendary magazine's latest issue.

If you guys have seen Cosmo's latest issue with Britney on the cover, you know what I'm talking about, when I say "this head didn't belong on this body."

Now, I'm not completely against photoshop. It's ok to reduce the appearance of cellulite, stretch marks, and zits - those things don't need to be centre stage in an artistically beautiful photo. I also know that we can't always produce a perfect picture the natural way i.e. you might get the good side of the body, but if it's while I'm squinting or making a constipated face = not so pretty, you can attempt to put my descent facial expression in one picture with my good side in another picture. But, if someone's head is sticking out so much - due to their digitally altered, over slenderized body - it's so unnecessary and unattractive. Why do it?

And don't even get me started on the negative influence this picture could have on young women, especially when we all don't look like Katy Perry and/or can't brag about big, blue eyes, a full beautiful bone structure, and luscious, hourglass curves.

Ever wonder how you would look in a photoshopped cover of a magazine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment